Networld WWI CA Database (Demo)

Italian Chapel at Ladra, Slovenia

At the edge of the field in the west part of the village Ladra stands an Italian military chapel, designed by the architect Giovanni Michelucci. It was consecrated on 30 May 1917 and served for the outdoor religious ceremonies. The chapel is made of worked stone. The south and the north walls have a Gothic-styled window each. A pulpit is set in the southeast corner. The chapel was restored in 1993 and 2005. The path leading to the chapel runs along the right bank of the brook Ročica.

Slovenia, Kobarid

Type of WWI-heritage

  • Non-Military Site of World War One Relevance

Dimensions

25 m2 (5 m x 5 m)

State of repair/preservation

The chapel is well preserved.

Historical WWI Context

No information available.

State of legal protection

Cultural monument of local significance.

Owner

Jožef Alojz Gabršček, Ladra 26, 5222 Kobarid

Kind of cultural use of WWI

Ustanova « Fundacija Poti miru v Posočju » (The Walks of Peace in the Soča Region Foundation) www.potmiru.si

Opening

Open 24 hours/day throughout the year.

Entrance Fee

There is no entrance fee.

Information regarding cities, villages, other touristic attractions (non-WWI) nearby

Waterfall Ročica, waterfall Kozjak, the grave of the poet Simon Gregorčič at St. Lovrenc and his birth house at Vrsno

TIC Kobarid https://www.dolina-soce.com/

Tolmin Museum http://www.tol-muzej.si/?id=120&lang=en

Accomodation

Public Transport

The nearest bus stop is in the center of the village Ladra, train station Most na Soči is 23 km away.

Further information sources

No information available.

Other heritage sites nearby

Museums Private Collections

Kobarid Museum

Private museum collections: The Ways of Retreat by Kobarid 1917, Alberto Picco, The Soča Region 1915-1917 Collection, Botognice, Ethno-War Collection, Collection Stol 1915-1917

Location

Back to list